Friday, August 21, 2009

Getting Ready for School

I just found this video on Canadian math teacher Darren Kuropatwa's blog (awesome blog), but then decided I liked the version on Taylor Mali's YouTube page better. This is a story/poem that I had heard a version of a few years back about how teachers make a difference in their students' lives. The video is of the author, Taylor Mali, performing the poem. My sentiments exactly!



And this is a different version of the same poem, with the words on the screen. I think the slideshow was made by Scott Schwertly, or at least I found it on his Slideshare page.

Some people don't like it when you "tell it like it is," or at least tell it like how it seems to you. But when you feel passionately about something, it needs a voice, and anyone who doesn't like it, doesn't have to. It just needs to be said.

2 comments:

  1. hi miss nichols. its one of your students fron your homeroom. i seat in the back by the water fountain. can you guess who i am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this were Steven, he would be capitalizing his sentences, wouldn't he? Mimi? Maritza? Sean?

    ReplyDelete