Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summerfest in Bend

So, after my 30-Day Shred workout this morning (I tried the Level 2 program today--nearly killed me, think I'm going back to Level 1 tomorrow), I decided to walk to Downtown Bend to check out Summerfest.




It was your typical collection of arts & crafts sellers and local businesses.  Being that it was so hot, after walking up and down a few aisles, I decided to stop in the Pine Tavern for lunch.  The salad and fried oysters I had were quite satisfactory.


Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kahunna/130603535/


Then, back to perusing booths.  I was tempted to buy some summer/yoga pants at Za Zen, but don't like to buy clothes if I can't try them on first.  There was a bejeweled bracelet that I tried on as well, but then remembered all the bracelets in the drawer at home that I never wear.  Finally, I found the Tumalo Lavender booth, and could resist no longer.  I bought a small lavender dark chocolate bar, a lavender rosemary focaccia bread mix (can't wait to try that out), and a lavender gourmet lemon pepper that is going on our chicken for dinner tomorrow night.  It smells like this:


Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/slack12/353313907/


After a couple of samples of Riesling at the winery booths and of course, more chocolate, I was on my way for the hike back up Awbrey.  A good, but tiring, afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment