Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bend - Days Seven & Eight


So I know this doesn't sound like a thing to do on vacation, but I had been thinking about getting a new computer to replace the one I got when I started at UCLA (11 years ago!) and seeing as how there's no sales tax up here in Oregon, we went and got this behemoth with a $300 discount. Look how easy it was to set up: 5-4-3-2-1

And blastoff! All done, in like one minute. Didn't feel like doing anything outdoorsy as it's 95 degrees out there and we had quite enough sun the day before, so it was a good day for computer shopping and messing around with it.

I've also been working on my photography, thanks to the books Brenda lent me. This is the one I'm currently reading:

So far it seems like my pictures are getting worse rather than better, since I took the camera off the auto setting. But I did experiment with the Tv and Av modes today at the High Desert Museum and got some pictures I might not have otherwise been able to get. Sorry they're a little blurry, I didn't have a tripod and it was really dark in there.

This poor guy was found in the wild. He had apparently been someone's "kitten" and had been declawed, etc. then released into the wild when he got too big. Way too hot for him today, too!


They had an exhibit on bats, one of my favorite animals. Did you know they eat fruit and then poop out the seeds while flying around, thus seeding entire areas of land?

I thought these guys were kind of cute.




And then, of course our fabulous dinner!

What restaurant do you think cooked up this tasty looking dish?


Nope, we made it right here ourselves! Yummy!!! Too bad I didn't get pictures of lunch--grilled cheese sandwiches with Canadian Extra Sharp Cheddar and a beautiful salad. Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment